20 Years back released a movie which not only changed the fortunes of those who were a part of it, but gave the Indian cinema an entirely new perspective to on-screen romance. And most importantly, it gave the audiences a life-long memory to cherish. That movie which gave us our King Of Romance… ‘Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge’.
A movie which has been running strong since the past 20 years at Mumbai’s Maratha Mandir; a movie which gave us the ideal son and lover in Raj and re-defined simplicity with Simran. Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge was a movie that not just won hearts in India, but all across the world…so much so that even the President of the United States made sure to repeat Shah Rukh Khan’s dialogue “Bade Bade Deshon Mein Aisi Choti Choti Baatein Hoti Rehti Hai, Senorita”.
Yash Raj Films, the producer of this classic, released the making of the movie in three parts
1. Shah Rukh Khan still in his ‘Darr’ and ‘Baazigar’ mode! After all, he had initially refused the film for his Raj being “girly” and not macho…
2. When Yash Chopra called SRK “Tapori No. 1”; thanks to his craziness on the sets!
3. When Shah Rukh Khan’s “K…K…K…Kiran” visited the set of the film…
4. And made everyone a fall for her cuteness
5. Awww! Look at the bond they share
6. This one proves what a visionary director Aditya Chopra is…“Imagine a girl in a white dress, running across this field”
7. And we still laugh with them…
8. When Kajol video-bombed!
9. And when SRK did the same… “Ho Gaya Hai Tujhko Toh Pyaar Sajna”
10. This Pose.. *lovestruck*
11. Could anyone else play the lovely, simple and jovial Simran other than her? Naaaah!
12. The camera-conscious director…
13. When Karan Johar replaced his best buddy…
14. For all the men out there, here’s what depicts your friendship goals!
15. Father and son having a pep talk..”O Pochi, O Koka, O Boby, O Lola”
16. When both Karan Johar and Aditya Chopra pampered Kajol
17. When the Dilwale’s original Dulhania visited the sets of the film!
18. Music Directors Jatin- Lalit: When the script narration happened, Anand Bakhi said that if Aditya Chopra makes even half of what he is saying; then this movie would never get out of theatres.
Well, he was truly right!
19. When Kajol finally learnt from choreographer Saroj Khan how to “sharmana”..
20. When King Khan prepared himself to fight for his love…
Check out the videos here:
Meanwhile, SRK and Kajol, who have been shooting with Rohit Shetty for his upcoming flick ‘Dilwale’ shot for a beautiful video together to celebrate 20 years of DDLJ! Watch it and fall in love, all over again: