The Manmohan Desai-directed Coolie, starring Amitabh Bachchan, Rishi Kapoor, Rati Agnihotri, Waheeda Rehman, Kader Khan and Puneet Issar, became a huge hit when released in 1983. The movie is mainly remembered for Amitabh Bachchan's near fatal accident on the sets while shooting an action scene which sent the nation into a tizzy.
However, here we take a lighter look at the movie and present to you 8 things that we get to learn from one of the legendary actor's great blockbusters:
1) Iqbal trespasses Zafar's house and finds Salma, the mother however has no recollection of him, Zafar's takes Salma to a psychiatrist to administer electric shocks on her so that her memory never returns because electric shocks to a person who's already lost her memory will instead of retrieving them lead to permanent memory loss.
2) Iqbal is shot several times, but continues chasing the antagonist while reciting a part of the shahada for inner strength and is successful in killing Zafar by pushing him off the parapet. The villain falls and straightaway dies in one go while the hero after surviving severe gunshots heals.
3) No worries if you lose your sibling or cousin in a war or bloodshed he will no matter what always somewhere meet you but only after growing up, not before that, so hold on. PATIENCE.
4) Zafar adopts an orphan to be raised by Salma on the advice of a psychiatrist, for that's what Physiatrists suggest when you kidnap a lady and present him as your make-believe wife.
5) After siblings find each other, they find love simultaneously and together.
6) Be calm if your mother has lost all her memories and does not remember you, when you meet her for the first time, because when you're in trepidation, she will suddenly retrieve all her memories and be present exactly where you are, to defend you. Noâ€¦.What? why will would she even at least need the address. She's your Mother, she KNOWS!
7) Never ever mistake an old man in the crowd as an ordinary old man for you never know he might just turn out to be your lost father.
8)When your son is god forbid somehow lost, there's only one authentic way to recognize him i.e. by his birthmark, that's right, for no other grown up man can have a similar one.