Okay, this piece will come across as a fanboy raving about his favorite film. But I put up with some really bad movies for you, so kindly, bear with me. And let me explain you, why Dil Chahta Hai was more awesome than any other movie. No, really, its cooler than you think. Heres why-
1) Dil Chahta Hai was an urban film in the truest sense of the word. Sure, films had been made earlier with an urban setting too, but Dil Chahta Hai was the most real of them. All of us behave more like Aakash (Aamir Khan), and Shalini (Preity Zinta), than Raj and Simran, isn't it?
2) The bromance between the lead characters, and the bond they share, is something all guys can relate to.
3) Saif's character in the film gave a new direction to his career. After this film, he played this same confused character in several films, but couldn't replicate the same success.
4) We all have a brooding loner friend like Sid (Akshaye Khanna).
5) The character evolution of Aakash is equal parts filmy, and equal parts heart touching.
6) It had generation defining dialogues. Sample this- â€œHum cake khane ke liye kahin bhi ja sakte hain!â€
7) And who can forget this monologue?
8) This music is playable and enjoyable even today!
9) And so is the film! This movie still feels fresh every time you watch it, and that is the beauty of this film.