Bollywood is a plethora of people. Some know each other, some don't, and some are related to each other. We all know Arjun Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor are cousins. But there are some Bollywood relationships which you wouldn't know about. Some of them will startle and surprise you (it sure surprised us, while we were researching for it).
1) Ranveer Singh and Sonam Kapoor are second cousins- Sonam Kapoor is Ranveer Singh's second cousin from his father and her mother's side. Their respective parents are first cousins; his grandfather is Sonam Kapoor's maternal grandmother' brother, which makes the actors second cousins.
2) Ali Zafar and Aamir Khan are brothers-in-law- Ali Zafar is also related through marriage to Indian Bollywood superstar, Aamir Khan. Ali Zafar's wife, Ayesha's father has a cousin whose mother is the cousin of Aamir Khan's mother, Zeenat Hussain!
3) Rajesh Khattar is Shahid Kapoor's ex-step father- Shahid Kapoor's mother, Neelima Azeem too, got remarried to TV actor Rajesh Khattar. According to reports, Shahid and Rajesh were very close and Shahid continues to carry his step-father's surname of 'Khattar' in his passport. Unfortunately, Neelima's second marital attempt was also a failure and she and Rajesh were divorced by 2001, when Shahid was nine years old.
4) Dharmesh Darshan is Mahesh Bhatt's nephew- Filmmakers Mahesh Bhatt and Dharmesh Darshan are also related. Dharmesh is Mahesh's eldest sister's son.
5) Bachchans and Kapoors are related- Raj Kapoor's daughter Ritu Nanda's son Nikhil Nanda is married to Amitabh and Jaya Bachchan's daughter Shweta. Despite this, both the families share cold vibes with one another, mostly due to Abhishek Bachchan and Karisma Kapoor's cancelled marriage.