How do we remember Kajol? We know her as the high spirited and outspoken human being, also the actress who dominated Bollywood on her own terms. A box office hit and not one to hash her terms, she has certainly raised the bar for her contemporaries and successors in the Hindi film fraternity. What makes her special, is her honest nature, versatility and ability to give competition to her juniors till date. Tanuja's older daughter has made her proud and has a huge fan following that only a few can enjoy. On her birthday today, we look at some lesser known facts about the actress as she turns a year older.
1. Kajol is the international goodwill ambassador and patron of The Loomba Trust, a charity organization devoted to supporting widows and their children around the world, particularly in India. She is also the brand ambassador of Pratham, a charity organization for children.
2. In 2006, Kajol was one of the four Bollywood actors, alongside Priyanka Chopra, Hrithik Roshan and Shahrukh Khan, whose miniature dolls were launched in the United Kingdom, under the name of Bollywood Legends.
3. Kajol was pregnant with her first child in 2001. However, she suffered a miscarriage and later on gave birth to her first child, a daughter named Nysa in 2003.
4. The versatile actress loves to write poetry and read science fiction and horror novels; also her favorite color is white.
5. Kajol wears an OM diamond studded ring, which is visible in all her films and the actress does not seem to remove it.
6. The actress is known for her acting prowess and powerful roles. However, Kajol has also rejected a lot of films. ‘Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna’, ‘Dil Toh Pagal Hai’ and ‘Chalte Chalte’ are some of the films which we wished she hadn’t rejected.
7. In 2011, the Government of India awarded her with Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian award of the country.
8. In 2010, Kajol and her ‘My Name is Khan’ Co-star, Shahrukh Khan, became the first Indian actors to be invited by NASDAQ to open the American stock exchange.
9. She considers her role in Gupt as the toughest role till date as she had to play a mean character. She also became the first woman to win a Filmfare for a negative role.
10. Kajol's mother Tanuja calls her Kads and used to term her a very mischievous kid.
11. This talented lady did a Tamil movie Minsaara Kannavu opposite Arvind Swamy. The movie also starred Prabhudeva and it became difficult for Kajol to cope up with this actor-director’s dancing skills.
So this is here wishing our versatile actress Kajol Devgn a very Happy Birthday and we are eagerly waiting to see her next film ‘Dilwale’ also starring Varun Dhawan, Shah Rukh Khan and Kriti Sanon.