Every generation has their own set of legendary singers. And for us, that man who has been ruling over our hearts since 1995. From the Walkman era to mobile phone era, he has ruled both the eras with his melodious voice, making sure we include his songs in our favorite’s playlist!
Today, on his 42nd birthday, let us listen to the various moods of the singer along with a few fun facts about him!
1. Suraj Hua Maddham (Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham):
2. Kal Ho Na Ho (Kal Ho Na Ho):
3. Main Agar Kahoon (Om Shanti Om):
4. Saathiya (Saathiya):
5. Yeh Dil Deewana (Pardes):
6. Tumhi Dekho Na (Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna):
7. Shukran Allah (Kurbaan):
FUN FACT 1- Sonu made his singing debut at the age of 3 with a stage show where he sang Kya Hua Tera Vaada!
1. Panchi Nadiyaan (Refugee):
2. Mera Rang De Basanti (The Legend of Bhagat Singh):
3. Zindagi Maut Na Ban Jaaye (Sarfarosh):
4. Ek Saathi Aur Bhi Tha (L.O.C Kargil):
5. Sandese Aate Hain (Border):
6. Ab Tumhare Hawaale Watan Saathiyo (Ab Tumhare Hawaale Watan Saathiyo):
FUN FACT 2- From Amitabh Bachchan to Aditya Roy Kapur, the singer has sung for all the actors in the past two decades!
The actor too has tried his acting in movies like ‘Jaani Dushman: Ek Anokhi Kahani’, ‘Love In Nepal’ and ‘Kash Aap Humare Hote’.
1. Tanhayee (DIl Chahta Hai):
2. Do Pal (Veer-Zaara):
3. Sau Dard (Jaan-E-Mann):
4. Jaane Nahin Denge Tujhe (3 Idiots):
5. Acha Sila Diya Tuney Mere Pyaar Ka (Bewafa Sanam):
6. Abhi Mujh Mein Kahin (Agneepath):
FUN FACT 3- Sonu Nigam can sing in 12 different languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi, Malayalam, Kannada, Bengali, Punjabi, Oriya, Nepali, English, Bhojpuri, Nepali, Urdu and Marathi with clear enunciation!
1. All Is Well (3 Idiots):
2. Nagada Nagada (Jab We Met):
3. Just Chill (Main Pyaar Kyun Kiya):
4. Jeene Ke Chaar Din (Mujhse Shaadi Karogi):
5. You Are My Soniya (Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham):
6. Hum Hain Raahi Pyaar Ke (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi):
FUN FACT 4- Sonu Nigam was supposed to sing the iconic Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga from ‘1942: A Love Story’ as Kumar Sanu was very late for the recording. This made the music composer R.D. Burman very furious and offered Sonu to sing the track instead. Had Sanu been 5 minutes more late, the song too would have been there in this list as one of Sonu’s best songs!
1. In Lamhon Ke Daaman Mein (Jodhaa Akbar):
2. Ab Mujhe Raat Din:
3. Fiza (Fiza):
4. Ahista Ahista (Yeh Zindagi Ka Safar):
FUN FACT 5- Sonu has lent his voice for the Hindi version of several animated series like ‘Rio’ and ‘Aladdin’!
1. Dheere Jalna:
2. Soona Soona:
Here’s wishing the singer a very Happy Birthday! Hope you keep entertaining us with your melodious voice and your entertaining stage performances for many more years to come!