1) She sacrifices: - Jodhabai, Bahar and Anarkali all made different kinds of sacrifices in the movie. Talk about sacrifices and you'll be reminded of your own mother. Her day starts before you; she'd cook for you but rather eat after you're done, clean the mess that you uncaringly made, prolly even get you an expensive birthday gift from the money she'd been saving for something indispensable, while you'd think twice about sharing your chocolates.
2) She wins, she losses: - Just like Jodhabai was torn choosing between her son and her husband during the war, so is every contemporary women today faced with the dilemma of giving preferences to her work responsibilities or her family obligations and no matter what she opts for its always her loss.
3) She knows what god-damn loyalty is: - Anarkali did not betray her lover even after the King's constant orders of pretending to stop loving Salim. And while Salim slapped Anarkali as well accused her for disappointing him, instead of giving up, Anarkali rose like an eagle, sang her heart out and fearlessly declared her love to the crowd in the form of the song Jab pyaar kiya toh darna kya? If this isn't loyalty what is? Don't girls patch up with their boyfriends even after getting two-timed, cheated, and abused? Don't they still believe in happy endings even though the starts itself are sad? They stick to their spouses like paper to glue. And we move on forget and forgive.
4) She holds on: - Be it getting imprisoned, shamed, or even buried alive, Anarkali endured it all. While sufferings make us brave, we know holding on makes us vulnerable and even more at the disadvantage. Women are always at the giving end, first they give up their parents for their spouse, then give up on work for kids then give up on their own interests for budding family's, they hold on to lives of others while letting go of their own.
5) She's Confident: - While Bahar was yet another mediocre singer in the kingdom, she still tried on the crown, knowing that she's deserving of it. If only dames believed in their strengths they'd have accomplished mountains by now.
6) She's perseveres: - Women refuse to stop at anything and destroy everything that gets in our way. In this case it was Bahar, the lead singer who revealed Anarkali's affair with Salim in order to pave her way. While the means matter, winning however does more.
7) She's a keeper: - No matter what, a lady knows how to keep her man, from dolling up in his fave shirt to walking daintily in killing sky-high heels. They'd do all they can to keep their man theirs. So did Anarkali while competing with Bahar in the lyrical duel Teri Mehfil Mein Kismat judged by Salim.
8) She dreams: - While the morning had death in store, Anarkali still aspired to be Salim's wife. All women dream a little, be it wishing for the crush that got away, a new job, a promotion, an infant or merely reliving those past times. Dreams make them see life, the way it should have been in the first place.