'A Wednesday' the thriller drama movie which released in 2008, was one of the best remembered small budget movie in Bollywood. The movie not only offered entertainment to the audience but also brought the viewers to a stage where their eyes were filled with tears. The movie revolves around a story of a common man who is frustrated because of constant terrorism attacks; he finally decides to 'clean his house'. We bring you 5 Bollywood movies which were small budget yet made a big impact.
1) Taare Zameen Par - The movie which was directed by Aamir Khan and written by Amole Gupte was about a child who suffered from 'dyslexia', the movie is about the child's struggle that he faces from his parents and teachers due to his abnormal condition and how he overcomes them with the help of his art teacher played by Aamir Khan.
2) Gangs of Wasseypur - Directed by Anurag Kashyap this was one of the few movies which was a five hour film and had to be broken into 2 parts. The movie is set in Wasseypur and Dhanbad which are villages in Jharkhand; the movie is filled with abusive content but has a massively impactful story.
3) Hawaa Hawaai - This is a beautiful movie directed and written by Amole Gupte. It's one story covering so much in so little time. The movie explores almost all kinds of relationships like a mother-son, friendship, teacher-student and it justifies all those relations.
4) Oh My God - More than creativity it takes great courage to make such a movie in India, a country blinded by religion. The so called rituals and practices of almost all religions have been taunted and covered up with exceptional arguments which have no answer.
5) Udaan - An exceptionally beautiful and heart touching movie. The movie revolves around a frustrated father who is portrayed by Ronit Roy, an abusive and violent person and his two sons are under his dictatorship. While one child is a 6 year old kid, the other is a 17 year old boy and has ambitions to be a writer. The story revolves around his life, his struggles and how he overcomes them. The highlights of the movie are the poems which have been written by Satyanshu and Devanshu Singh.
6) Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na - A romantic movie of two best friends who share their smiles and tears, happiness and sorrows, love and heartbreaks before they realize their love for each other. Based in a college background with beautiful characters the movie turned out to be amazing.