After many months of Hollywood movies dominating over the Bollywood ones, the month of June gave some relief to the Hindi movie producers out there! Even though films like ‘The Conjuring 2’, ‘Finding Dory’, ‘Now You See Me 2’ and ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’ helped foreign films continue their magic in India, Bollywood flicks like ‘Housefull 3’, and ‘Udta Punjab’ too managed to hold a strong position at the box office, along with ‘Raman Raghav 2.0’ and ‘Dhanak’ getting away with all the critical acclaim.
And now comes the month that might just end the dry spell of Hindi films. Read on to know which movies might end up doing the impossible…
1. Shorgul (Releases on 1st July, 2016)
2. The Legend of Tarzan (Releases on 1st July, 2016)
3. Free State of Jones (Releases on 1st July, 2016)
4. Sultan (Releases on 6th July, 2016)
5. The Secret Life of Pets (Releases on 8th July, 2016)
6. Ghostbusters (Releases on 15th July, 2016)
7. Madaari (Releases on 15th July, 2016)
8. The BFG (Releases on 15th July, 2016)
9. Ice Age: Collision Course (Releases on 15th July, 2016)
10. Star Trek Beyond (Releases on 22nd July, 2016)
11. Lights Out (Releases on 22nd July, 2016)
12. Great Grand Masti (Releases on 22nd July, 2016)
13. Dishoom (Releases on 29th July, 2016)
14. Jason Bourne (Releases on 29th July, 2016)
No points for guessing, Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ will end the dry spell. On the other hand, since ‘Grand Masti’ was the first adult comedy to cross 100 Crores at the domestic box office, we expect the trio of Riteish Deshmukh, Viveik Oberoi and Aftab Shivdasani to create the same amount of ‘Great Grand Masti’ at the box office. Plus, chances of Varun Dhawan, John Abraham and Jacqueline Fernandez starrer ‘Dishoom’ being the cherry on the cake are high!
As far as the Hollywood flicks are concerned, ‘The BFG’, ‘Ice Age: Collision Course’ and ‘Jason Bourne’ would surely hold their position strong; and the fate of ‘Lights Out’ depends on how scary it is!