The only time we hear much about Shahid Kapoor is, when he has a break up! He has not been offered enough roles where he could adequately showcase his talents as an actor. While most directors see him as a chocolate boy, Vishal Bhardwaj has a completely different perspective of Shahid. After Kaminey, this just might be Shahid's best movie as an actor.
1) Maybe after Kaminey this is the only movie where Shahid's look has created a stir.
2) Kaminey is perhaps the best film Shahid has given in terms of acting and that movie was also directed by Vishal Bhardwaj. With both of them together again, we feel history might repeat itself.
3) He is doing a very different and hopefully, more intriguing role this time; unlike his regular cute-lover boy character.
4) The star cast is appealing too - you have well-rounded actors like Tabu, Kay Kay Menon making up the cast with a cameo by Irrfan Khan. Shraddha Kapoor is paired alongside Shahid for the first time and she also has a thing or two to prove to her detractors.
5) The trailer has been really amazing, the way we see Shahid portraying his character in the trailer gives us goose bumps!