Woman - She is lovable, she is beautiful, she is strong! From being a doting mother to a loving sister, to a naughty girlfriend to a supportive wife! A woman has the ability to adjust in all the roles with equal grace and panache! And while the entire Globe gets busy in applauding and appreciating the fairer sex today, as we celebrate yet another International Women's Day, we too take the opportunity to list down 10 B-town actresses who have shunned the stereotypes and have emerged the trendsetters!
1. Bhumi Pednekar: She is the latest sensation on the block and has already carved her niche in Bollywood. Bhumi, who plays the role of an overweight woman in 'Dum Laga Ke Haisha', has made fat look cool! At a time when girls are getting conscious to lose weight, she has set in the new trend!
2. Kangana Ranaut: Kangana stunned all with her girl next door role in 'Queen', one of the biggest hits of 2014. Not only did the film do well at the box office, but Kangs too won immense applause for her role. She made going solo on honeymoon cool!
3. Rani Mukerji: Rani, who tied the knot to Aditya Chopra last year, was back with a bang on the big screen with her hard hitting film 'Mardaani'. The rough and tough role of a cop suited Rani and she indeed has set in the trend of women cops!
4. Anushka Sharma: The 'PK' actress has time and again proved her acting mettle. However, in her next release 'NH 10', Anushka is all set to scare the audiences. She will be seen turning brutal and violent and for that Anushka definitely deserves an applause.
5. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan: A doting mother and a loving wife, Aishwarya took a sabbatical from Bollywood. However, now she is all set to spring back on the big screen with her film 'Jazbaa', an action film. Going with the buzz, we are sure Ash will break the stereotype that married actresses don't succeed.
6. Deepika Padukone: She is the only actress to have had the record of four 100 crore films in a year, and that too all of them appreciating her performance. Deepika indeed deserves a standing ovation for doing four films a year. And now the actress is keen to surprise all her fans with another endearing performance in Sanjay Leela Bhansali's 'Bajirao Mastani' where she will be seen doing war sequences wearing 20 kgs armour. Bravo!
7. Priyanka Chopra: From acting to singing to now doing a Hollywood show, Piggy Chops is going places. The multi-talented actress stunned us all with her brave performance as 'Mary Kom' and is now all geared up for 'Bajirao Mastani' and 'Dil Dhadakne Do'. Way to go girl!
8. Alia Bhatt: Alia may have entered the industry just 2 years back but she has already done 5 movies and has 3-4 more lined up for a release in the next two years. From a sexy girl in 'Student of the Year' to a crazy lover in '2 States' and 'Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhania', Alia has played all her roles with ease. No wonder she tops every director's wish list off late! Well, we applaud the 'Highway' girl for her achievements.
9. Shraddha Kapoor: Shraddha may have debuted back in 2010 with 'Teen Patti' but the actress shot to fame with her lovely performance in 'Aashiqui 2'. Kapoor, who is blessed with an amazing voice, started the trend of singing in films which was picked up by Alia, Priyanka among others. Well, now that's indeed a compliment!
10. Kalki Koechlin: Kalki's upcoming film 'Margarita With A Straw' has already won praise across International borders. And now the actress is gearing up for the film's release in India. Going with the promos, she has indeed done an exceptional job and we wouldn't be surprised to say that she will emerge as the new 'hero' of Bollywood!