Like every year, this year’s Filmfare Awards too managed to remain in limelight and grabbed attention. Plus, with the growing social media craze, we were kept updated by the officials about every minute detail of the event.
We have heard that Alia Bhatt, Karan Johar and Kapil Sharma who hosted the show this year, kept the audiences in splits.
And though we all know by now who won and who didn’t, we would like to give our share of claps and slaps to the award show’s decisions.
1. Shahid Kapoor winning the much-deserved Best Actor award over Aamir Khan who had comparatively lost the game due to bad characterization and storyline in the second half of ‘PK’.
2. Kangana is open about how award functions are not her cup of tea and she would prefer staying away from them. Yet, they gave away the much-deserved Best Actress award to her. We wonder if this would help change Kanagana’s mind about award shows!
3. Best Director Award went to Vikas Bahl for his beautiful ‘Queen’. Well deserved.
4. Finally someone appreciated versatile actor Kay Kay Menon’s efforts and he was awarded as the Best Supporting Actor for ‘Haider’.
5. Fawad Khan over the well-built and expressionless Tiger Shroff for Best Debut Male. It is like giving an A+ to a student who does well in academics than giving to the student who was good in all the extra-curricular activities other than studying!
1. AnkitTiwari as the Best Playback Singer Male. Seriously? Ever heard him sing in reality at concerts? He sounds way different than the auto-tuned voice we hear in movies. Arijit Singh would have been a better choice, any day!
2. Best Action Award- Gunday. Why? Because it was a YRF movie and that at least one YRF movie needs to be awarded for the year? And we thought movies like ‘Bang Bang!’ and ‘Holiday’ had brilliant action scenes. Sorry, our bad!
Anymore claps or slaps for the award show? Let us know in the comments section!